Employment is one of the most rapidly-developing sectors of law today. It is highly regulated. Legislation is perpetually changing and compensation claims are growing ever higher. In order to adapt, law firms likewise must develop at the same speed. Our team at Hutharts consists of some of the foremost expert consultants in employment law in the North East of England, combining a knowledge of personal rights and commercial responsibility.
Our solicitors are attuned to each new development in the employment sector and are alive to the legal issues facing businesses of all types and sizes as well as individual employees. We can assist our employer clients in the drawing-up and implementation of procedures that prevent conflict. We suggest and deliver preliminary methods, such as a thorough documentation of recruitment techniques and policies and the interview process, to avoid potential claims of race, sex, or religious discrimination if an applicant is not hired.
Hutharts represents clients from all over the North East and beyond, across an extensive range of employment issues, including;
- Compromise Agreements
- Employment policies, handbooks and procedures working time regulations
- Director service agreements
- Employment contracts
- Statements of the terms and conditions of employment
- Non-compete agreements/restrictive covenants
- Consultants agreements
- Advice on employee rights generally
- Advice regarding dismissals, disciplinary, grievance and performance review
- Advice regarding redundancy
- Assistance in preventing and/or dealing with discrimination, harassment or bullying
- Defending Employment Tribunal claims
- Advice and assistance on restrictive covenants
- Advice concerning TUPE
- Sickness Absence
- Pregnancy and Maternity Rights
We draft and create new contracts designed specifically to the client’s objectives, and we can also review existing contracts and advise our clients on the best action to take. Our focus is on fairness and clarity, and we work with a dogged loyalty to the client’s rights.
Our commercial expertise allows for unique insights into the employer/employee relationship. We also represent clients embroiled in contentious employment litigation and have an expansive network of employment consultants and barristers to assist with complex cases.